Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Light mouthfuls of shortcake, with the refreshing slurp of whipped topping and fresh berries, is perfect for a summer night.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk or 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- Put paper cupcake molds into your cupcake pan.
- Mix together your flour, sugar, and powder well.
- Add your soft butter.stir.add your buttermilk (or milk).
- Pour into 6 paper cups.
- Let them cook for 10 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Pull out half your berries, and chop them (these are the garnished ones).
- The other half should be pureed in the blender with a drizzle of water.
- Whip your whipping creme until it forms peaks.
- Take your shortcake, remove the rapper, cut in half, add a dollop of creme. Put on top, but some strawberries cut up around the shortcake, and drizzle some strawberry puree on and around your shortcake.
- Bon appetite.
I loved the little shortcakes from this recipe. I will make this again but I will add some sugar to the strawberry puree and the chopped strawberries. I did cheat and use Cool Whip instead of making my own whipping cream. Reviewed for PAC Spring 2008.