These muffins are delicious. You can use other types of berries other than the strawberries. ***note, I'm not responsible for the taste of the muffins if one substitutes oil for the butter.
- Heat oven to 425°; grease 12 muffin cups.
- Combine flour, 1/4 cup of the sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl; stir in the milk, egg and butter, stirring only enough to dampen all the flour, the batter should not be smooth.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Press strawberry slices into the batter, pointed side up; sprinkle each muffin with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake until golden, 15-18 minutes.