Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is just fabulous! What a great way to start a spring meal this topped on fresh crusty bread.
Make and share this Strawberry Salad With Olives, Blue Cheese and Balsamic Vinegar recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs large ripe strawberries
- 10 black olives
- 10 leaves fragrant fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarsely milled white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Rinse and slice the strawberries and arrange them in overlapping slices on a plate. Moisten with the two vinegars, season with the pepper, sugar and salt, sprinkle with olives, torn basil leaves, blue cheese and sprinkle all with the olive oil.
This salad is one of the most delicious combination. Full riped strawberries, Kalamata Olives and your favorite blue cheese together with a delicate vinaigrette. I loved it. You can prepare the recipe for 1 serving or for many more. It is easy and fast to prepare. And the taste is convincing everybody. I like it especially for being a light dish with some of the most exiting flavors. Your taste buds will be pleased. and your guests, too. A real keeper.
this salad is amazing. besides looking very colorful, it hits all the taste buds- sweet berries, salty olives, creamy tangy blue cheese. i used hhome grown basil, kalamata olives, gorgonzola, this was wonderful!