Recipe by UT Theta Chef
A wonderful salad to make when strawberries are in season. The cinnamon really adds to the salad. It gets great reviews every time I make it. (recipe does not include chilling time)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pint strawberry
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1 avocado
- 10 ounces romaine lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- mix first 7 ingredients well to make vinaigrette and chill at least 1 hour.
- lightly toast pecans - cool.
- wash, hull, and quarter strawberries.
- drain chilled mandarin oranges.
- tear romaine into bite size pieces
- slice avocado.
- place romaine,oranges,strawberries,pecans, and avocado slices in salad bowl.
- drizzle with no more than 1/2 of well shaken vinaigrette.
- toss gently and serve immediately.
- serve the remaining vinaigrette on the side.
- the vinaigrette can be made a day ahead - the salad can be made 3 to 4 hrs ahead of time omitting the avocado and vinaigrette until serving time.