Top Review by Trisha W
Ummm!! Very refreshing! This drink has a lovely red color. I put just 1/2 cup of sugar in it as my husband likes tart drinks. Then I added a little bit of sweetener to my own glass. We really enjoyed it and I am sure will make frequently in warm weather. Thanks for a great drink recipe, Chia.
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 lb rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, to taste
- 2 slices lemons, zest of, removed with a vegetable peeler plus additional for garnish (3-inch)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan stir together the water, the rhubarb, the sugar, 2 strips of the zest, and the vanilla, bring the mixture to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved, and simmer it, covered, for 8 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup of the strawberries and boil the mixture, covered, for 2 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool and strain it through a coarse sieve set over a pitcher, pressing hard on the solids.
- Stir in the remaining 1 cup strawberries and the lemon juice, divide the lemonade among stemmed glasses filled with ice cubes, and garnish each glass with some of the additional zest.