Prep 24 hrs
Cook 5 mins
This is a simple way to use up that rhubarb.
- 5 cups rhubarb, cut up
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) package wild strawberry gelatin
- Put rhubarb and sugar in a container in the fridge overnight.
- The next day add strawberries to rhubarb and sugar; bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and immediately add Jello gelatin.
- Do not cook! Just stir, put into jars and freeze.
- You can omit the strawberries.
Awesome jam! I used regular strawberry jello as it was what was on hand at the time. Will try the wild strawberry next time.
This recipe is wonderful! My grandma used to make something just like this but I didn't know the recipe- this tastes just like it! You need to try it!