This is from the Ball Blue Book. It's easy and a great way to use up that rhubarb. Make plenty because it will disappear fast. With jams and jellies it is always a good idea to do each batch separatly. Cooking times are just a guess.
- Ready In:
- 4 cups strawberries, crushed
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package dry pectin
- 5 1⁄2 cups sugar
- Combine strawberries, rhubarb, lemon juice and pectin in a large saucepot.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add sugar, stirring until dissolved. Return to a rolling boil.
- Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim foam if necessary.
- Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Adjust two-piece caps.
- Process 10 minutes in water bath.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I searched several recipes and came back to make this one because it looked like the best. Another reviewer said her Ball book (perhaps a different edition) had a different amount of strawberries. I like the tartness of rhubarb so I added 3 cups strawberries and 3 cups rhubarb. I also cooked the berries, rhubarb and lemon juice for about 10 min--added the pectin and brought back to a hard boil for 1 min and added the sugar and brought back to a hard boil for 1 minute again. The finished product was the perfect ratio of rhubarb to strawberry for me. Thanks for sharing!Reply