Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Now that it's rhubarb season...and the start of berry season, I though a Strawberry Rhubarb Baked Oatmeal was in order. I took the baked oatmeal recipe from my Breakfast and Lunch Cookbook and gave it a few twists. And this is what I got...
- 2 cups rhubarb, diced
- 3 cups strawberries, diced
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup brown sugar, for sprinkling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Toss the rhubarb and strawberries in the baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients, except the brown sugar. Pour the batter over top of the fruit and stir gently to combine the fruit.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean in the middle.
- Serve Strawberry Rhubarb Baked Oatmeal with milk, cream, yogurt (or even with ice cream as a dessert!).