Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the next best thing to strawberry shortcake. If you like strawberries, you'll love this.
Make and share this Strawberry Refrigerator Sheet Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Stir all the cake ingredients together.
- Add 1 large box frozen strawberries, thawed.
- Keeping back 3 T strawberries for the icing.
- Use a sheet cake pan, and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- For the icing: Mix together all ingredients.
- If too thick, add a little more juice or water.
This was a delicious cake! My store only had tubs and bags of frozen strawberries so I was not sure what to get since ounces aren't specified. I ended up buying a 32 oz. canister of sweetened frozen strawberries and used half of it in the cake batter. I wanted a lighter frosting, so I made one with 8 oz. of Cool Whip, a package of sugar free, fat free white chocolate instant pudding and about 1/2 cup of the thawed strawberries. This made a fabulous, cool topping. Thanks for this recipe. I will be making this cake often for summer.
After you bake the cake...poke radom holes 3/4's depth of the cake (use the handle of an old wooden spoon)...pour strawberry Jello mixed as you do for Jello Jigglers....You MUST do this while cake & Jello mixture are warm
Good flavor but I didn't like the texture it was a bit dry. Followed Karen =^..^= frosting recipe;it was also good but needs to be doubled.