Recipe by Psalm AKA Typo Qween
This recipe was a happy accident while trying to make strawberry syrup. Delicious on toast, angel food cake, or anything you want a sweet strawberry taste. **please note cooking times and servings are approx only**
Top Review by Bayhill
We loved this quick, easy, and delicious strawberry preserves. I made a half recipe ( 3 green plastic baskets of strawberries) and it made about 2 cups. It took about 20 minutes of repeating step #3 to get it to the desired thickness. Our local strawberry stands are selling super sweet strawberries, and this still wasn't too sweet (this is a good thing). I served this heated and poured over french toast...yum!! Thank you for sharing this keeper recipe!! *Made for 2010 Spring PAC*
- 48 ounces strawberries, hulled part of them quartered and part whole
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons cornstarch, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine strawberries and sugar in heavy bottom pan.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until sugar is completely dissolved. Add cornstarch.
- Increase heat to high, stirring every 30 seconds until the mixture becomes a rolling boil. Reduce heat to medium until the mixture ceases to boil stirring on occasion.
- Repeat step 3 until it becomes thicken as desired.