Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This wonderful moist cake is bursting with strawberry flavor! Plan ahead the cake chilled for about 2 hours before frosting, use as much strawberries as you like for the top :)
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix with pudding
- egg white
- 1 (4 ounce) boxjello strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- sliced strawberry (for top of the frosted cake)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish (set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- In a large bowl beat prepare cake mix as directed on the box using water, oil and egg whites.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake for stated time on box.
- Cool completely on wire rack for about 1 hour.
- Pierce cooled cake with small-holed straw at 3/4-inch intervals.
- In a heat-proof bowl mix gelatin powder with 1 cup boiling water until no granules remain, then add in 1/2 cup cold water; mix to combine.
- Carefully pour mixture over the entire top of the cooled cake.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before topping.
- Top with desired frosting then arrange sliced strawberries over the top of the cake.
This recipe is missing the pudding on top of the strawberry jello. Then let it set for 1 hr. Then put Cool whip on top of that and serve
I made this for my sister's birthday because strawberries are her favorite and we gobbledit up! It was so moist and yummy. I frosted it with Jello Sheet (Poke Cake) Cake Frosting Jello Sheet (Poke Cake) Frosting and it just took me back to my childhood when my mom used to make it! Thanks!