Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This wonderful moist cake is bursting with strawberry flavor! Plan ahead the cake chilled for about 2 hours before frosting, use as much strawberries as you like for the top :)
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix with pudding
- egg white
- 1 (4 ounce) boxjello strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- sliced strawberry (for top of the frosted cake)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish (set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- In a large bowl beat prepare cake mix as directed on the box using water, oil and egg whites.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake for stated time on box.
- Cool completely on wire rack for about 1 hour.
- Pierce cooled cake with small-holed straw at 3/4-inch intervals.
- In a heat-proof bowl mix gelatin powder with 1 cup boiling water until no granules remain, then add in 1/2 cup cold water; mix to combine.
- Carefully pour mixture over the entire top of the cooled cake.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before topping.
- Top with desired frosting then arrange sliced strawberries over the top of the cake.