Recipe by nascarmom
This recipe came from a college friend. Thanks Cindy. We have used it for years. Easy to make.
Top Review by Chef likestocook
This is just like my Grandmother's recipe! I remember her making this when the local strawberries were ripe. Her recipe did say to crush 1 cup of strawberries and I always used my potato masher to really get them crushed. I have also used this filling over angel food cake and it is delicious.
- 1 1⁄2 quarts strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch (or more)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 9-inch baked pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush part of berries.
- Add sugar, cornstarch and water.
- Cook on med. heat and stir constantly.
- Cook till boils and thickens.
- Stir in butter.
- Mix in whole berries.
- Put in baked pie crust.
- Top with whipped topping or cool whip, etc. right before serving.