Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. From Rachael Ray's "Every Day with Rachael Ray" from April-May 2006
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted (plus more for serving)
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- pure maple syrup, for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and vanilla. Preheat a nonstick griddle over medium heat.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry. Stir in the melted butter. The batter should be thick and smooth. Fold in the strawberries.
- Spoon the batter onto the griddle 1/4 cup at a time. Cook the pancakes until set and thoroughly bubbly, about 3 minutes. Flip them with a spatula and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes more. Serve with butter and maple syrup.
The dough was really thick so I added more milk. It was easier to do the pancakes. Another time I may try to puree the strawberries and fold them in the batter. The taste is so good. Thanks Kate :) Made for Photo tag
These were ok to me. They were very thick and hard to get the perfect golden brown color. They were fluffy however, but they just weren't for me :)
Made a batch & a half since we had overnight guests, & pretty much followed the recipe right on down! The strawberries I had were ripe & flavorful & the 'cakes were very satisfying! Although the other three had them with maple syrup, I liked mine topped with light Karo syrup! Thanks for posting this great recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars Tag]