Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. From Rachael Ray's "Every Day with Rachael Ray" from April-May 2006
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted (plus more for serving)
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- pure maple syrup, for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and vanilla. Preheat a nonstick griddle over medium heat.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry. Stir in the melted butter. The batter should be thick and smooth. Fold in the strawberries.
- Spoon the batter onto the griddle 1/4 cup at a time. Cook the pancakes until set and thoroughly bubbly, about 3 minutes. Flip them with a spatula and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes more. Serve with butter and maple syrup.
The dough was really thick so I added more milk. It was easier to do the pancakes. Another time I may try to puree the strawberries and fold them in the batter. The taste is so good. Thanks Kate :) Made for Photo tag
Oh man, we loved these! Thick pancakes are our thing. So no adding anything to make them thinner for sure :) Kid's loved them, husband loved them, so they are a winner ;)
These were ok to me. They were very thick and hard to get the perfect golden brown color. They were fluffy however, but they just weren't for me :)