Exchanges: 1 fat, 1 starch, 1 carb. Carb Choices: 2. This came from Diabetic Living magazine. I have not tried this, just posting for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/3 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons low sugar orange marmalade
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sugar (or Splenda For Baking or Sun Crystals Granulated Blend)
- 1/4 cup canola oil or 1/4 cup style extra-light vegetable oil spread, melted
- 1/4 cup refrigerated fat-free liquid egg product or 1/4 cup frozen fat-free liquid egg product, thawed or 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350. Line tweleve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups. Coat cups with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- 2In a bowl, gently stir together diced strawberries and orange marmalade; set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture. Whisk just until combined. Add finely shredded orange peel and gently stir.
- 5Spoon 1/2 of the batter into prepared muffin cups. Evenly spoon strawberry mixture over batter in muffin cups. Bake 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack.
- 6Frost cooled cupcakes with frosting. Store frosted cupcakes in refrigerator. Garnish with orange peel strips and fresh strawberry slices before serving.
- 7Orange Cream Cheese Frosting: In a medium bowl, beat Neufchatel with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in greek yogurt. Stir in marmalade (frosting will thin slightly). If desired, tint frosting pink with a few drops red food coloring. Cover and chill frosting 4-24 hours before piping on cakes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry-Orange Surprise Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.9
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 159.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free liquid egg product