24 hrs 30 mins
from taste of home... nutty cake, creamy filling and fresh strawberries MMMMMMMMM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 eggs, seperated
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup ground walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- confectioners' sugar
- 1In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- 2Gradually add 1/4 Celsius sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- 3Set aside.
- 4In another mixing bowl, beat egg yolks and remaining sugar until thick and lemon colored.
- 5Combine walnuts, bread crumbs, flour and salt; add to yolk mixture.
- 6Mix well.
- 7Fold in egg white mixture.
- 8Line a greased 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan with waxed paper; grease the paper.
- 9Spread batter evenly into pan.
- 10Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- 11Cool for 5 minutes.
- 12Invert cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners'.
- 13Gently peel off waxed paper.
- 14Roll up cake in the towel, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side.
- 15Cool on a wire rack.
- 16Slice six large strawberries in half; set aside for garnish.
- 17Thinly slice remaining berries; set aside.
- 18In a mixing bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form.
- 19Gradually add sugar and vanilla, beating until stiff peaks form.
- 20Unroll cake; spread filling to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- 21Top with sliced berries.
- 22Roll up again.
- 23Place, seam side down, on serving platter.
- 24Chill until serving.
- 25Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- 26Garnish with reserved strawberries.
- 27Refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Nut Roll
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.1
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 132.9 mg
- Sodium 83.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 5.3 g