Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
from taste of home... nutty cake, creamy filling and fresh strawberries MMMMMMMMM!
Make and share this Strawberry Nut Roll recipe from Food.com.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add 1/4 Celsius sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, beat egg yolks and remaining sugar until thick and lemon colored.
- Combine walnuts, bread crumbs, flour and salt; add to yolk mixture.
- Mix well.
- Fold in egg white mixture.
- Line a greased 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan with waxed paper; grease the paper.
- Spread batter evenly into pan.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Invert cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners'.
- Gently peel off waxed paper.
- Roll up cake in the towel, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Slice six large strawberries in half; set aside for garnish.
- Thinly slice remaining berries; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar and vanilla, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Unroll cake; spread filling to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Top with sliced berries.
- Roll up again.
- Place, seam side down, on serving platter.
- Chill until serving.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Garnish with reserved strawberries.
- Refrigerate leftovers.