Recipe by Kathie's Kafe
This recipe was sent to me by the Strawberry Festival from Newburgh. They were kind enough to supply it when we went on a quest to find it through "Request a recipe" forum.
Top Review by torie t.
This was so nice for a cool summer dessert. I added the straberry glaze that you use to make strawberry pie. I put a layer underneath the strawberries. It really looked and tasted like something you would buy in a bakery. Thanks for the great posting.
- 1 sheet puff pastry (1/2 package)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 cup milk, very cold
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream, whipped (or 2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping)
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries (sliced, fresh or frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw the pastry sheet to room temperature for at least 30 to 40 minutes, until it's easy to handle.
- Heat the oven to 400°F
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 3 strips along the fold marks. Place on the baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and puffy. Remove from the baking sheets and cool on wire racks.
- Prepare the pudding mix according to the package directions with 1 cup milk in a large bowl. Fold in the whipped cream once the pudding has set. Cover and refrigerate. Stir the confectioners sugar and 2 teaspoons milk in a small bowl.
- Split each pastry into 2 layers, forming a total of 6 layers. Spread the confectioners' sugar mixture on 2 top layers.
- Spread 3/4 cup pudding mixture on 1 pastry layer. Top with about 1/3 cup strawberries. Repeat the layers. Top with an iced pastry layer.
- Garnish each with slices of strawberry and a dusting of powdered sugar. Repeat to make a second dessert. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- For easier slicing, refrigerate for a least 1 hour and use a wet serrated knife.