Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A family favorite-great on english muffins and bagels.
- 6 cups hulled and halved strawberries
- 2 cups peeled cored and chopped tart apples
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 4 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup tequila
- 7 teaspoons triple sec
- 2 teaspoons strawberry schnapps
- Combine berries, apples and lemon juice in a large stainless or enamel saucepan.
- Bring to a full rolling boil.
- Add sugar, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- Boil gently, uncovered, stirring frequently until mixture reaches gel stage-around 40 min.
- Remove from heat and stir in the booze-return to heat and boil for 5 min.
- Ladle into clean, hot sterilized jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Process for 5 min at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
The strawberry margarita smell eminating from my kitchen was divine! I can't wait to indulge! Very easy recipe to make...very pretty in canning jars. Yes! A great hostess/Christmas gift idea!
VERY sweet. Fun idea for a jam flavor and I think it'll make terrific hostess gifts this Christmas. Thanks for posting the recipe.
Oh this was delicious! Just finished making a batch and if what I got to lick off the spoon is any indication this jam will not last long. I am always on the look out for unique jams and nooone I have talked to have ever heard of this kind! Thanks for making me look so good.
July 2011: I have made this several times now but have always used chamborg instead of the strawberry schnapps because I didn't want to buy a big bottle for two teaspoons. Always works great. This time I tried replacing the strawberries with raspberries and what a yummy success!!!!! Thanks again.