Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
This cheesecake is so decadent that you have to eat it a little at a time.
FOR THE CRUST
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers (or pretzels)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
FOR THE CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup frozen margarita mix
- 3 cups whipped topping
FOR THE STRAWBERRY TOPPING
- 1 (15 ounce) packagesliced frozen strawberries
- 5 cups whipped topping
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- To make the crust, mix the crushed graham crackers, melted butter and sugar thoroughly then press into the bottom of a 9x13 dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Set aside and let it cool completely.
- While the crust is cooling, prep the cream cheese layer. Beat the cream cheese and margarita mix until smooth and then fold in 3 cups of the whipped topping. When the crust is cooled, spread this layer onto it.
- Set the crust and cream cheese layer in the refridgerator to chill while prepping the strawberry layer.
- Boil 1/2 a cup of water and pour it into a bowl. Add in the gelatin package and stir until completely dissolved.
- Add in the package of frozen, sliced strawberries and stir until the gelatin is set and the strawberries are all separated.
- Using a wire whisk, stir in 5 cups of the whipped topping until completely mixed.
- Pour over top of the cream cheese layer.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 to 5 hours to set fully. Soft set at 3 hours.