Recipe by Marie
Not only makes a wonderful presentation, but is delicious to boot! This is a gotta try recipe.
Top Review by filbeyt
I have been making this cheesecake recipe for years and years (can't remember where the original came from). So very simple and everyone I serve it to raves about it. It is requested time and time again. If you love cheesecake, you will not be disappointed!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 24 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree strawberries and cornstarch in blender.
- Heat in a saucepan over medium heat until thick.
- Cool mixture.
- Combine melted butter, graham crumbs and sugar and press onto bottom of 9" springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until well mixed, then add eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition.
- Pour half the batter over the crust.
- Add half the strawberry mixture by spoonfuls to the batter.
- Pour remaining cheesecake batter into the pan, then add the remaining strawberry mixture by spoonfuls.
- Swirl the mixture with a knife until it has a marbled effect.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until set.
- Allow cheesecake to cool, then remove rim of pan.
- Chill overnight before serving.