Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
"This stunning cake roll is ever so much fun to create and present." From taste of home by Susan Olsen.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (8 ounce) cartonsspreadable strawberry cream cheese
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line a greased 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until slightly thickened. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, beating until thick and lemon colored. Beat in vanilla. Add dry ingredients; mix well.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, about 2 T. at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold a fourth of the egg whites into batter; fold in remaining whites.
- Gently spoon into prepared pan. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and marshmallow creme. Unroll cake; spread cream cheese mixture to within 1/2 inch of edges. Top with 2 1/2 cup strawberries. Roll up again. Place seam side down on a platter. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, garnish with remaining strawberries. Refrigerate leftovers.
I made this for Easter/ Birthday for my 8 yr old daughter. It was easy, delicious and impressive looking. My favorite kind of recipe! It is definitely a keeper. I can see myself making it often. I can't wait to try it with other fresh fruits this summer (blueberries, peaches).
Made this for my customers this week. Everyone loved it!! This is easy and very, very good!!!
This cake roll is absolutely delicious! It's the perfect springtime dessert, very light and not at all too sweet! This was a huge hit at my baby shower!