Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Adapted from Honey Bee Hive
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 3 limes, zested
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan.
- Sift together 2 1/4 cup flour, baking soda, salt, and 1/2 the lime zest. Set aside.
- Cream together the sugar and the butter. Add the eggs one at a time, then stir in 1 tablespoon lime juice and vanilla.
- Add the sour cream and the flour mixture alternating between the two and mixing just until combined.
- Toss the strawberries with the remaining 1/4 cup flour. Then gently mix into the batter.
- Pour batter into the bundt pan and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes in the pan and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk together remaining lime juice, zest, and powdered sugar. Drizzle over the cake.