Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This seems strange,but trust me it's delish...
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry jam
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 dash black pepper
- Mix all ingredients except chicken in a small bowl.
- Microwave about 15 seconds to melt sugar.
- Stir to blend.
- Brown chicken in a large saute pan coated with cooking spray about 5-10 minutes.
- Add sauce.
- Cook over low heat stirring sauce & turning chicken occasionally for about 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Serve with rice if desired.
- 4 servings.
very good, somewhat sweet, very Try adding some toasted sliced almonds as a garnish!
An easy chicken dish for our weekly Sunday meal. I pounded four breasts to 1/2" thickness and lightly seasoned with black pepper. The sauce was gently heated stove top-minus the oil. Heated up grape seed oil in a saute pan and browned the breasts 10 minutes. Stirred in the sauce and cooked about another 8 minutes on low. Next time once the sauce is added I will reduce the time to 5 minutes because any longer and the sauce would have quickly turned into sticky goo. Be careful not to burn the sauce. Good flavor, not too salty or sweet. Used homemade strawberry jam and garnished the breasts with green onions and toasted slivered
almonds. Chicken was served over plain sticky rice and accompanied by simple steamed baby zucchini and roasted chioggia beets. Thanks for posting!
GREAT! Easy and delicious. I pounded each chicken breast to about 1/2" thick so they would cook evenly. I used brown sugar substitute, and sugar-free strawberry jam, and I omitted the oil. I'll bet this would work with other jam flavors as well.