Apple and Cheddar Cheese Dessert Lasagna
photo by yogiclarebear
- Ready In:
- Cook lasagna noodles and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine apples and sugar in saucepan. Cook until sugar melts and apples get juicy.
- Add spices and cornstarch, cook until slightly thickened, and remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. With a fork, roughly mix in butter and set aside.
- Place 1 noodle in the bottom of a 4-quart baking dish. Top with 1/3 of apples, then 1/3 of the cheese and repeat process two more times and top with fourth pasta sheet.
- Spoon with butter topping and bake.
- Fabulous served hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My husband and I are pastors who work with college students and young adults and we absolutely love it! The students are my "kids" and constantly teach me new things and keep my life interesting. I have posted many recipes here at their behest. Sometimes I think they just love me 'cause they know that can come over and get a fresh homecooked meal -a great break from their sketchy college cafeteria food! I grew up in a beautiful, loud, fun, albeit slightly crazy, Spanish-Italian family where cooking is not just about putting food on the table -it is an art. An intense, passionate art of carefully guarded secret recipes. So cooking is in my blood and I enjoy it immensely. I love having dinner parties just so I can whip up fancy new recipes. And the college students are always happy to be my guests!