- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 6 slices bread, crusts removed
- 1 (8 ounce) container strawberry cream cheese, softened
- sliced strawberry
- 2 tablespoons butter
- powdered sugar (to garnish)
- maple syrup, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs and milk in shallow dish. Spread 1 side of each slice of bread with cream cheese. Put strawberries on each of 3 slices of bread. Sandwich with remaining 3 slices of bread.
- Dip each sandwich in egg mixture, turning to coat each side. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sandwiches and cook until golden brown on each side.
- Serve 1 1/2 sandwiches per person. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup,.