Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy, fluffy and delicious jello salad. Always a favorite when served.
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- Combine pudding and jello mix and water.
- Cook over medium heat until it boils.
- Stir often.
- Remove from heat and chill until thickened.
- To speed up process, sit pan in bowl of ice water.
- Fold in Cool Whip and sliced strawberries.
- Chill well.
We really liked this. The taste of this kind of reminds me of those Strawberry Creme flavored life savers. Yum! I used frozen strawberries and let them sit out at room temp until they softened just enough to dice them small. And I followed your adivce and put the bowl (a metal mixing bowl) into about an inch of ice water in the sink to cool the pudding/jello mixture faster. Tossed in the strawberries and that helped it set a little more so I could fold in the cool whip. This wen't together in no time. My two year old loves this!! Next time I'd like to make this with strawberry flavored cool whip and see how it turns out. Thank's Marie!!
I used sugar free gelatin and pudding and it was very good, will certainly make again. Simple to make and keeps well in the refrigerator. Shirley