Recipe by Happy Harry #2
You know how one starts to drool over a picture of delectable food? Well, get ready to drool even WITHOUT a picture!
Top Review by Leslie in Texas
I made this last night and halved the recipe, since there was only DH and myself. I used fat free angelfood cake because I couldn't find fatfree pound cake, Cool Whip Free, and had to use a little more than a 1/2 cup of skim milk to get the right consistancy.Anyway, DH loved this and wanted seconds! :) The almond extract adds a nice flavor and I topped it with a little additional Cool Whip. Thanks for a good, guilt-free dessert!
- 8 slices fat-free pound cake
- 2 pints strawberries
- 3 1⁄2 ounces sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups Cool Whip Lite
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate syrup (*)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash but do not hull strawberries. Dry well and chill.
- Combine rest of ingredients carefully in large bowl. Chill.
- Slice strawberries no more then 3 hours before serving. Fold into pudding mixture.
- Serve over slices of SLIGHTLY toasted pound cake.
- Drizzle thin chocolate syrup over pudding or dress the plate before putting cake and pudding on it.
- *Thin with a little water or milk. Careful -- don't thin too much.