Recipe by looneytunesfan
This light cornmeal batter is the perfect housing for the strawberry and chocolate chip filling.
Top Review by Redsie
April 2007 - Made these again today - mmmmmm, still delicious!!!I made this for PAC 2006. Delicious! I was intrigued by the cornmeal in this recipe and boy was I glad I tried these muffins! they were not too sweet and they were gone in a flash! I made two changes - used my dad's homemade rhubarb jam and, as I didn't have any sour cream, I used yogurt instead. Thanks for a great muffin recipe looneytunesfan.
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry jam
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375*. Grease or line muffin pan with paper liners.
- Filling: In a small bowl, combine chocolate chips and strawberry jam. Set aside.
- Batter: In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sour cream, sugar, melted butter and eggs until smooth. Stir in flour mixture just until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Using a spoon, make an indentation in center of each. Fill indentations with a scant teaspoon of the filling.
- Bake in preheated oven for 22 to 24 minutes or until puffed, golden and a tester inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on rack.
- Tip: To give muffins a sparkly appearance, sprinkle lightly with sugar.