Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This light cornmeal batter is the perfect housing for the strawberry and chocolate chip filling.
Make and share this Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375*. Grease or line muffin pan with paper liners.
- Filling: In a small bowl, combine chocolate chips and strawberry jam. Set aside.
- Batter: In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sour cream, sugar, melted butter and eggs until smooth. Stir in flour mixture just until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Using a spoon, make an indentation in center of each. Fill indentations with a scant teaspoon of the filling.
- Bake in preheated oven for 22 to 24 minutes or until puffed, golden and a tester inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on rack.
- Tip: To give muffins a sparkly appearance, sprinkle lightly with sugar.
April 2007 - Made these again today - mmmmmm, still delicious!!!I made this for PAC 2006. Delicious! I was intrigued by the cornmeal in this recipe and boy was I glad I tried these muffins! they were not too sweet and they were gone in a flash! I made two changes - used my dad's homemade rhubarb jam and, as I didn't have any sour cream, I used yogurt instead. Thanks for a great muffin recipe looneytunesfan.