1/2 Photos of Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
This light cornmeal batter is the perfect housing for the strawberry and chocolate chip filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1Preheat oven to 375*. Grease or line muffin pan with paper liners.
- 2Filling: In a small bowl, combine chocolate chips and strawberry jam. Set aside.
- 3Batter: In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- 4In a large bowl, whisk together sour cream, sugar, melted butter and eggs until smooth. Stir in flour mixture just until combined.
- 5Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Using a spoon, make an indentation in center of each. Fill indentations with a scant teaspoon of the filling.
- 6Bake in preheated oven for 22 to 24 minutes or until puffed, golden and a tester inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on rack.
- 7Tip: To give muffins a sparkly appearance, sprinkle lightly with sugar.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1032 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.4
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 64.0 mg
- Sodium 138.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 4.4 g