photo by limeandspoontt
- Ready In:
12 Large Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped strawberries
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and 1 cup of the sugar in medium bowl.
- Toss in strawberries, set aside.
- Beat together eggs, butter, milk and vanilla in small bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients; stir until just combined.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins lined with paper.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle of muffin comes out clean.
Delicious! A sweet, moist, fruity muffin. Yummy while hot right out of the oven! I also increased the strawberries to 2 cups. I used only 1/2 cup (one stick) of melted margarine, not butter. I decreased the baking powder to 2 teaspoons rather than 2 tablespoons - I thought that may actually be an error in the recipe (the usual ratio is 1 teaspoon baking powder to each 1 cup flour). I ended up with 15 muffins. Posting a picture as well. Thanks so much for a delicious baked goods recipe to use my fresh berries!
I thought the taste was great but here are my few things I figured out along the way. The baking powder seemed an ok amount. The 1/2 cup butter I used was enough. And if you fill 24 small muffin cups 3/4 full it comes out perfect. The recipe should have said 12 large muffins and 24 small. Lastly, a 20 minute baking time was sufficient for the small muffins. The suger on top was a nice touch.
see 61 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Born here and love this State! I am Married, have two kids a daughter almost 15 and a son 10. I am a Dental Assistant I enjoy my work very much and have a great Boss and co-workers! I am busy with football, church activities, and family get togethers. I love to cook although my husband doesn't like to try new things, I usually take my new creations to church or work. I espically like to bake. I like to read, watch movies, go to highschool football games, our team won 4-A Division State titles four years in the 1990's! Chirstms is my favorite holiday. I collect Sants and Snowmen and love to decorate for the Holiday's.