Prep 4 hrs
Cook 5 mins
I haven't tried this yet but it sounds delicious!! (There is minimal actual cooking time, I put the regrigeration time under prep time.)
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced unsweetened strawberries
- 1 (8 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons lemonade concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups light whipped topping
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 4 large fresh strawberries, halved
- Place sliced strawberries in a food processor or blender; cover and process until smooth. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for filling.
- In a aucepan, soften gelatin in lemonade concentrate; let stand for 5 minutes Stir in sugar and reserved strawberry puree.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boiland gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Stir a small amount of filling into egg whites; return all to the pan, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir over low heat for 3 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened(do NOT boil!).
- Remove from heat; stir in orange juice.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Fold in whipped topping; spoon into crust.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- Just before serving, garnish with half strawberries.