Strawberry Chiffon Pie
photo by nursecynthia
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 10mins
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup cold water, with ice cube
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Lite
- 8 strawberries, finely chopped
- 1 reduced fat graham cracker crust
- In a large bowl stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix for 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Add 1 cup ice cubes and cold water. Stir until ice is completely melted.
- Stir in lime peel and juice.
- Add whipped topping and stir with a wire wisk until well blended.
- Stir in chopped strawberries.
- Refrigerate mixture for 1 hour.
- Spoon into crust.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
Instead of making this as a pie...I simply put the filling into a corning ware bowl and chilled. It had a lovely, light delicate flavor. A nice dessert after a heavy meal. The lime juice and zest was a nice addition. I will make this again. Would be great for summer get togethers...potlucks, etc. Made for Spring PAC 2010 http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook! I'm not the best cook or the most inventive, but I'm always looking to try new thing. I love using Recipezaar because I like to read the "ratings", it helps me find the best of the best. This has always worked well for me...it even won me an apple pie contest!