- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed meal
- 3⁄4 cup lukewarm water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 10 strawberries, hulled and halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray an 8" x 8" pan with baking spray and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flax seeds with the water and stir for at least 30 seconds.
- Mix in the extract and oil, then beat in the sugar until everything is well combined.
- Stir in the flour with the baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan, and scatter the strawberries, skin-side up, over the batter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.