Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was one of my mother's favorite recipes. She always had one in the freezer just in case company came. I added the strawberry glaze and it makes a lovely dessert.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 16 ounces frozen strawberries
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients and seasonings.
- Add eggs, strawberries, and oil.
- Beat well with mixer.
- Pour into greased bundt pan.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan.
- 1/4 cup strawberry juice.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- 2 cups powdered sugar.
- Beat all with mixer until smooth.
- Drizzle over warm cake.
I made this recipe the other day & gave half of the cake to my son & DIL, then wanted even more for myself so baked yet another one! REALLY AN OUTSTANDING CAKE & I look forward to making more to freeze! I did toast the pecans a bit before using them! This is definitely a keeper of a recipe, but you might want to redo the ingredient list to include the glaze ingredients so that the box of 'Nutrition Facts' is more accurate! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]