Recipe by BecR
Strawberry season is here! This is a fresh and healthy sweeter version of the traditional Italian finger food. Lovely for brunch, or for a light lunch alongside a nice salad, or up the sweet factor and serve as a healthier dessert option! Add the balsamic and olive oil at the very end to avoid soggy bread. Adapted from Whole Foods Market via The Curvy Carrot.
- 1 French baguette, sliced diagonally, about 1/2-inch thick
- 1 cup diced strawberry, about 10 large strawberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (to taste)
- 4 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, torn
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the tablespoon of sugar and strawberries in a small bowl. Cover, and refrigerate for about 2-3 hours, or until strawberries have slightly softened.
- Spread the goat cheese evenly over the slices of bread, followed by spoonfuls of the strawberry mixture.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Top each bruschetta with basil.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.