Recipe by Rita~
Low fat spring dessert! Thymes light green leaves give this dessert a slightly minty, lemony aroma and flavor. You can top with low fat whipped cream! Nice for Mother's Day!
- 6 eggs, separated (at room temperature)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 pints strawberries, washed hulled and halved
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F 2. Spray a 10" removable bottom tart pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the egg yolks and 1 tablespoon of water on high speed until thick and lemon colored, about 5 minutes. Fold the almond flour and thyme into the yolks.
- In a clean bowl, whip the egg whites and sugar until medium peaks form, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add a large tablespoon of the whites into the egg yolk mixture to loosen it and fold the remaining egg whites into the mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tart pan. Bake until the edges are golden brown, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and place on a rack to cool.
- Melt marmalade in microwave until it is runny and brush the top of the tart with half of it.
- Lay the strawberries on the glaze in a circle starting from the outside inches Ending with a mound in the middle of the tart.
- Fill gaps with blueberries.
- Glaze the strawberries and the edge of the tart with the remaining orange marmalade glaze. Sprinkle with almonds. Garnish with thyme sprig.