Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Low fat spring dessert! Thymes light green leaves give this dessert a slightly minty, lemony aroma and flavor. You can top with low fat whipped cream! Nice for Mother's Day!
- 6 eggs, separated (at room temperature)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 pints strawberries, washed hulled and halved
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F 2. Spray a 10" removable bottom tart pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the egg yolks and 1 tablespoon of water on high speed until thick and lemon colored, about 5 minutes. Fold the almond flour and thyme into the yolks.
- In a clean bowl, whip the egg whites and sugar until medium peaks form, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add a large tablespoon of the whites into the egg yolk mixture to loosen it and fold the remaining egg whites into the mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tart pan. Bake until the edges are golden brown, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and place on a rack to cool.
- Melt marmalade in microwave until it is runny and brush the top of the tart with half of it.
- Lay the strawberries on the glaze in a circle starting from the outside inches Ending with a mound in the middle of the tart.
- Fill gaps with blueberries.
- Glaze the strawberries and the edge of the tart with the remaining orange marmalade glaze. Sprinkle with almonds. Garnish with thyme sprig.
This is an excellent desert anytime of year when you can get fresh strawberries and blueberries. A real low cal crowd pleaser.