Recipe by FloridaGrl
These little pink beauties use a puree of frozen strawberries that give in a nice flavor. And the addition of dried bananas makes this a really nice "reminder of Spring".
Top Review by kellychris
I agree these were a very pretty pink color, but had a "strange" taste. It seems like a great recipe, but maybe too much baking soda.I also thought the baking time was off (too high for too long) so I baked at 350 for 20 minutes. They were still way overcooked. If I make these again and figure out what is wrong, I will come back to let you know. Made for BB tag.
- nonstick cooking spray or paper baking cup
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup chopped dried banana
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt (I use strawberry or strawberry banana)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Position your oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 400°F Spray the cups and the rims around them on the muffins pans, or simply drop in the paper cups. If using the the silicone pans, spray as directed, and place on a cookie sheet.
- Whisk the flour, bananas, baking soda,baking powder and salt in a large bowl until well blended. Set aside.
- Place the strawberries, with their juice, and the sugar in a food processor fitted with the chopping blade, or in a wide canister blender. Process for 30 seconds, or until the mixture is smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add the egg, yogurt, lemon zest and vanilla. Pulse the machine about 5 times or until the mixture is blended and uniform.
- Pour the strawberry mixture over the flour mixture; stir with a wooden spoon until the dry ingredients are incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Fill the prepared muffin pans 3/4 full. If you have leftover batter, use for a second baking. Bake for 22 minutes, or until the tops are browned and slightly rounded and a toothpick inserted into a center comes out with a crumb or two attached.
- Set the pan on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Gently rock each muffin back and forth to release it from the pan, then set on the wire rack for an additional 5 minutes before serving. If storing or freezing, cool completely, and then store in an airtight container or freezer safe bags. These muffin stay fresh for 24 hours at room temperature, or for up to 1 month in the freezer.