Recipe by PanNan
My grandmother loved to make this salad for us when we were young. She made it for the kids, but all the adults loved it too. The cooking time is actually the chill time. My grandmother was from the state of Oklahoma, and pecans are native to Texas. Therefore, this recipe represents the Southwestern region of the U.S.
Top Review by Charlotte J
This salad was easy to make . I used frozen strawberries in this salad so I cut back on the water by 1/2 cup and did not add the sugar as they had sugar on them already. I like this pecan thing in the last two salads I've made, that was also new to me. My son even committed that he liked the pecans. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry-banana gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced (can use frozen if fresh are unavailable)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 banana, halved and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons whipped cream (optional garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare gelatin with water according to the directions on the package. Refrigerate until slightly set, but not yet firm.
- Meanwhile place hulled and sliced strawberries in a small bowl. Add sugar and leave at room temperature while the gelatin sets in the refrigerator.
- When the gelatin is slightly set, add sliced strawberries, sliced banana, and chopped pecans. Stir gently to mix. Return gelatin to the refrigerator until firm.
- Can be garnished with a tablespoon of whipped cream per serving, if desired.