1/2 Photos of Strawberry Angel Cake
A gorgeous and delicious angel food layer cake. You can make the angel food cake ahead of time, or buy a pre-made angel food cake. I clipped this from a magazine a long time ago. This is great in the summer time when you don't want to heat the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 inch) round angel food cake
- 3 tablespoons triple sec (orange-flavored liqueur) or 3 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped very firm with 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1Combine strawberries and 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl; cover and let stand 1 hour. Combine 1/2 cup sugar, milk, and cream cheese in a medium bowl; beat at medium speed of mixer til smooth.
- 2Cut cake horizontally into 3 layers using a serrated knife; place bottom layer, cut side up, on a serving plate. Brush with 1 tbsp liqueur (or orange juice), and spread half of cream cheese mixture over cake. Spoon one third of strawberries over cream cheese mixture using a slotted spoon. Repeat layers, ending with cake and liqueur (or orange juice). Spread whipped cream over top and sides of cake. Cover; chill 30 minutes.
- 3Arrange remaining strawberries on top of cake. Sprinkle with almonds, and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Angel Cake
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.7
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.2 mg
- Sodium 242.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 22.9 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: