1/4 Photos of Strawberry and Orange Fool
This is a fantastic dessert that I got from O-chef. We tried it and loved it. It is sort of like a strawberry pudding. Strawberry fool is best when the fruit is mashed rather than puréed, resulting in a more appealing texture. This can be made 4 hours ahead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces basket strawberries, hulled, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt (do not use low-fat or nonfat)
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons Cointreau liqueur (optional) or 2 teaspoons orange liqueur (optional)
- additional strawberry, halved
- 1Place chopped strawberries in medium bowl. Mash coarsely with fork. Place in colander and let drain 15 minutes.
- 2Beat cream in large bowl to form stiff peaks.
- 3Gently fold in yogurt, sugar, orange juice and peel.
- 4Fold in Cointreau, if desired.
- 5Gently fold in strawberries.
- 6Divide among 4 wineglasses or coupes.
- 7Cover and chill.
- 8This can be made 4 hours ahead.
- 9Garnish fools with additional halved strawberries and serve.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry and Orange Fool
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.8
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 63.7 mg
- Sodium 27.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 2.3 g