This is a fantastic dessert that I got from O-chef. We tried it and loved it. It is sort of like a strawberry pudding. Strawberry fool is best when the fruit is mashed rather than puréed, resulting in a more appealing texture. This can be made 4 hours ahead.
- 12 ounces basket strawberries, hulled, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt (do not use low-fat or nonfat)
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons Cointreau liqueur (optional) or 2 teaspoons orange liqueur (optional)
- additional strawberry, halved
- Place chopped strawberries in medium bowl. Mash coarsely with fork. Place in colander and let drain 15 minutes.
- Beat cream in large bowl to form stiff peaks.
- Gently fold in yogurt, sugar, orange juice and peel.
- Fold in Cointreau, if desired.
- Gently fold in strawberries.
- Divide among 4 wineglasses or coupes.
- Cover and chill.
- This can be made 4 hours ahead.
- Garnish fools with additional halved strawberries and serve.
Awesome dessert Leslie. We really enjoyed this special treat. Loved the addition of the yogurt and the liqueur. The fool was silky and creamy, with lovely pockets of fruit flavor. Thanks for sharing.
Oh, yeah ~ This is definitely for me! I opted out of the liqueur, but that didn't affect the taste, as far as my 'buds' were concerned! Loved the combo of strawberry & orange! Thanks for sharing a great recipe! [Made & reviewed as a kidnapped recipe in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #16]
Wonderful desert! I used thick, Greek yoghurt. Chunks of fruit throughout an orange scented, tangy/creamy filling. It is good and I'll definitely make this again (cause it's also EASY!).