Rhubarb and Orange Fool
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I've never made this, I am hoping someone will make it and let knw how it is.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange rind
- 2 lbs rhubarb, chopped
- 1 tablespoon currant jelly
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2⁄3 cup ready to serve thick and creamy prepared custard
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream, whipped
- cookie, to serve (vanilla, almond)
- Place the orange juice and rind, the rhubarb, red currant jell and sugar in a saucepan. Cover and simmer gently for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rhubarb is just tender, but not mushy.
- Remove the pan from the heat , transfer the rhubarb to a bowl and let cool completely.
- Drain the cooled rhubarb to remove some of the liquid. Reserve a few pieces of the rhubarb and a little orange rind for garnish. Puree the remaining rhubarb in a food processor or blender, or press through a sieve.
- Stir th custard into the puree then fold in the whipped cream. Spoon the fool into individual bowls, cover and chill. Just before serving, top with the reserved fruit and rind. Serve with cookies.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION