Top Review by LaurelAnn
This was good. I did use the bruschetta with the verbena pound cake and it was great! My family loved the taste of mango and strawberry - light enough to compliment but not overpower the verbena cake.
- 1 lb mango, diced
- 1 lb strawberry, diced
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (10 ounce) sara lee all purpose butter pound cake, sliced thin and toasted in oven
- 2 mint sprigs
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, toss strawberries and mangos together.
- In a small sauce pan, bring water and sugar to boil and allow to cool.
- Pour small amount of sugar water over mango mixture and add pinch of salt.
- Serve with mint sprig and toasted pound cake.