Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I sampled various recipes online for strawberry butter and simply added some dried lavender from my herb garden. Try this on scones, muffins, pound cake, etc.
- 1⁄2 cup sweet unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 8 ounces mascarpone or 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender, crushed slightly, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup honey (read *NOTE)
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry, chopped and mashed
- *NOTE: If you have lavender infused honey, please use it in this recipe!
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.......... This is yummy. This was the first time I've eaten anything with lavender in it. I was a little sceptical about trying it after cutting up my fresh lavender and taking a big sniff of it. Smelled a little like vicks, but it sure didnt taste like that. It was very good. I'm looking forward to trying more recipes with lavender. I made this with my Strawberry Bread #273247 . It complimented it nicely. And af course I had to try a little right off of the spoon too. I'm hoping after setting in the fridge for a while the flavors will mary a bit and it will be even better. I halfed the recipe and I think it made a little over a cup. Thanks so much for posting.