Recipe by COOKGIRl
I sampled various recipes online for strawberry butter and simply added some dried lavender from my herb garden. Try this on scones, muffins, pound cake, etc.
Top Review by Jennifer Bennifer
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.......... This is yummy. This was the first time I've eaten anything with lavender in it. I was a little sceptical about trying it after cutting up my fresh lavender and taking a big sniff of it. Smelled a little like vicks, but it sure didnt taste like that. It was very good. I'm looking forward to trying more recipes with lavender. I made this with my Strawberry Bread #273247 . It complimented it nicely. And af course I had to try a little right off of the spoon too. I'm hoping after setting in the fridge for a while the flavors will mary a bit and it will be even better. I halfed the recipe and I think it made a little over a cup. Thanks so much for posting.
- 1⁄2 cup sweet unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 8 ounces mascarpone or 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender, crushed slightly, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup honey (read *NOTE)
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry, chopped and mashed
- *NOTE: If you have lavender infused honey, please use it in this recipe!
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.