Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love this recipe for a light summer evening meal. This is my personal variation of a salad I have had in the past. Very quick and easy. Classified as regional to the West for ZWT.
- 5 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 8 -10 firm ripe strawberries, sliced
- 1 kiwi, peeled, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 -8 thinly sliced red onion rings
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled, sliced
- poppy seeds or raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- Rinse spinach leaves, discarding stems; pat dry.
- Combine spinach, strawberries, and kiwi in large bowl.
- Add almonds, feta, and onion.
- Toss lightly.
- Top with grilled chicken breasts.
- Add dressing and toss lightly again.
Nice enough to serve for a fancy luncheon but simple enough to prepare any day. I used golden kiwi which added even more lovely color. For the dressing, I made a tangy honey-mustard poppy seed dressing. We will definitely be enjoying this salad again in the future.
My kind of salad!Everything in it from creamy salty feta,sweet strawberries and kiwi, kicking red onions, crunchy sweet almonds (I used Honig Brat Mandeln (Honey Roasted Almonds))nicely seasoned Grilled chicken on a bed of arugula I used because I have it growing in my garden. Thanks!!!!
This was so good!!! What a great combination of flavors! I used the same dressing as Melody H. (great minds think alike!!!) The strawberries made this a beautiful salad!!! I did replace the feta with parmesean as I am allergic to feta.... Thanks Lori!