Grilled Mexican Chicken Breast
photo by breezermom
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon morton lite salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless and pounded (I cut through a boneless breast lengthwise to get two thin cutlets)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream, fat free
- Combine the first nine marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add the chicken breasts and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for as little as 30 minutes or up to 4 hours. Grill the chicken over medium heat until just cooked through, being careful not to overcook as they will dry out. Serve with a squirt of lime and a dollop of fat-free sour cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I cut the recipe in half and cut through the breast like suggested...this made enough for 4 servings...we really enjoyed the flavor...I used a whole jalapeno in hopes of getting the heat factor...but that didn't happen just got the flavor...I served this fajita style...after cooking I sliced in thin strips...served it with a homemade Mexican rice and refried beans...yummy...thanks for sharing your recipe...=)
Delightful and very quick recipe! Thin chicken cutlets were on sale at the store this morning so about five minutes to put together and forget till ready to grill, which was also quick because all the cutlets were the same size. The dollop of sour cream made a nice little garnish. We really enjoyed and will be making again next summer, thank for the post.
Excellent yum factor. I let mine marinade for 4.5 hrs and got very well flavored chicken. The marinade takes a very few mins to mix up and them I just sealed the the chicken into the bag I mixed and marinade in. Then rubbed it all around and put it in the fridge until time for cooking. Really tasty served with coconut and lime rice and a simple green salad.
see 4 more reviews