1/2 Photos of Strawberry and Apple Pie
1 hr 25 mins
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
I love the combination of apples and berries.You will need a top and bottom crust for this pie. I used my East Vegan Spelt Pie Crust Recipe 196863. http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Easy-Vegan-Spelt-Pie-Crust-196863
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 large granny smith apples (peeled, cored & sliced thinly)
- 1 pint fresh strawberries (hulled and sliced in 4 pieces)
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons arrowroot (flour)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- zest of one lemon
- 4 tablespoons cold vegan margarine
- 1Preheat oven to 450ºF degrees.
- 2Mix together apples, brown sugar, white sugar, arrowroot flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon zest. When totally mixed add the sliced strawberries and mix carefully so not to break them in pieces.
- 3Place crust in bottom of pie plate. Fill with apple mix and dab with the 4 tablespoons vegan margarine. Cover with top crust. If you like, brush with 1 egg mixed with 1 tablespoon of water.
- 4Cut slits in the pie for steam to escape. If you like sprinkle with some additional sugar to make the crust crunchy and sweet.
- 5Bake at 450ºF for 10 minutes, then turn down to 350ºF and bake for an additional 45 minutes. Or until the juices bubble out of the pie.
- 6You may need to cover the edges of the pie to prevent it from burning. Cool on a wire rack.
- 7Serve with some vanilla ice cream or top with whipped cream :).
- 8Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry and Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.2
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 44.0 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: