1/1 Photo of Strawberry Amaretto Cheesecake
2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 30 mins
The Big Cheese's Note:
WOW is this good! I found this recipe in an old cheesecake cookbook called "Cheesecake Madness" that I had purchased at a church rummage sale. I don't know why someone didn't want a book with a recipe this delicious in it. It is nice and thick, melts in your mouth, and forget about dieting...this cheesecake is chock full of diet-wrecking temptations!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon brandy extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1You will also need: 9-inch springform pan.
- 2To prepare crust place graham crackers, sugar and butter in a small mixing bowl. Blend well with fingers or a pastry blender. Press into the bottom of a well-buttered 9" springform pan. Chill in the freezer or refrigerator for about 30 minutes while you prepare the batter and strawberries.
- 3In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and heavy cream until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, making sure that the mixture is smooth after beating in each egg.
- 4Add the lemon juice, brandy extract, sour cream, vanilla, and flour and continue beating until very smooth and creamy.
- 5Fold in the chopped strawberries. Pour the mixture into the chilled springform pan that you have placed on a cookie sheet (the batter will come to the top of the pan so do not be alarmed).
- 6Bake in a preheated 425° oven for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 275° and continue to bake for 1 hour.
- 7Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool for 3 hours. While the cake is cooling, marinate the sliced strawberries in the Amaretto and sugar for about 3 to 4 hours.
- 8Arranges the slices decoratively on top of the cooled cheesecake and bake in a 350° oven for 7 minutes.
- 9Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely for 2 hours. Remove the sides of the springform pan and refrigerate overnight.
- 10Remove the cake from the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Amaretto Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.7
- Calories from Fat 380
- Total Fat 42.2 g
- Saturated Fat 23.5 g
- Cholesterol 218.5 mg
- Sodium 336.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 38.8 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: