Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
The beauty of this strawberry version of cherries jubilee is that it is achieved so quickly.It should be made in all its flaming glory in front of a awe- struck guest..
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 slices lemon peel, 3 thin strips
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Wash berries.Drain on towel and set aside.
- In chafing dish,heat butter to bubbly.Add sugar,lemon peel and liqueur.Stir on high heat for 2-3 minutes,or until sugar dissolves,amd mixture is syrupy.
- Warm brandy.Ignite and pour over syrup.
- When flames die,stir in 1 scoop of ice cream until melted.
- Add berries.
- Poach for 1 minute.Continually spooning sauce over berries.
- Spoon remaining ice cream into dessert dishes.
- Top with berries and sauce.
- Serve at once. And enjoy -- .