Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Yes! Smoke your potatoes! This is an absolute winner. The end result is the earthiest tasting potatoes with a perfect texture you could ever imagine. Try other kinds of wood chips, such as cherry. Use leftovers to make a deliciou smoked potato salad. From the Cameron Cooking Guide. This recipe is to be made using a stove top smoker.
- 2 lbs baking potatoes (2 pounds will fill up the smoker-use less if you wish)
- 1 tablespoon oak or apple wood chips
- salt and pepper
- Simply wash and cut baking potatoes in 1/2 to 3/4-inch slices, leaving
- the skin on. Place 1 tablespoon wood chips in the smoker.
- Fill up the rack with the potatoes and season to taste, cover then smoke
- for 45 minutes on medium heat, using 1 tablespoon oak or apple wood
I love smoked potatoes! There are only two of us so I just split one big potato in half then added a couple of pork chops half way through. The pork was delicious after 20 minutes, but had to nuke potatoes. Didn't matter the flavor was wonderful, I think next time I might nuke the potatoes a little before hand. What about smoked hashbrowns? My husband raved and is telling all our friends. Thanks for a great idea.