Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Does the world need another Honey-Mustard Chicken? Too bad, it's getting one. This is a good simple worknight meal with great flavour. Serve over rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes.
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (10 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Peel and chop the onion finely.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, and sauté the onion until translucent.
- Add the chicken pieces, turning to lightly brown on both sides.
- Add the chicken stock and turn the heat to high.
- Add the honey, mustard and black pepper.
- Cook until the stock is reduced to a thick sauce.
- Reduce the heat, and continue cooking until the chicken browns and the mixture begins to caramelize - usually just a few minutes more.
- Turn the chicken to let the other side brown a bit, but remove the pan from the heat if the sauce gets as dark as you want it.
- This has a fairly mild mustard flavour; stir in a little more mustard just before serving if you want more bite.
The chicken was very tasty - good flavor combination! Mine never thickened/carmalized so I added about 1 Tbs corn starch dissolved in a quarter cup of cold water. Also, i used cut up breast fillets. Served with wild/brown rice mixture. Will make again!
This was a HUGE hit with my family!! My Neighbor smelled it cooking and called to ask for a sample... She loved it as well. Will definitely be keeping this one to make again.
This was great. I used a purple onion. I only used 1 t of oil. I had honey dijion mustard so I only used 1t honey. I also used chicken breast tenders instead of thighs... ( I haved the recipe)