Recipe by CaramelPie
I found this recipe in a Stokely's canned vegetable ad in a magazine when I first married. My family loves it. When I took some to a sick friend, she called her MIL to come & try it. She put it in a college fundraiser cookbook. I've also put it in a school fundraiser cookbook, and have had several compliments on it. I can't find the exact sizes of cans specified, but the closest sizes available work just fine.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can potatoes, sliced
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (2 ounce) jarsliced pimientos, drained
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Saute ham, onion, celery and green pepper until onions are transparent.
- Add chicken broth, potatoes, corns and pimentos.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in cheese until melted and add cream; salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls.
- To reheat, warm thoroughly; do not boil.