Top Review by Caz
This was very good. I was nervous about cooking in sesame oil so I cooked in a bit of olive oil and added the sesame oil to the cornstarch mixture for flavor. Very tasty and a keeper.
- 3⁄4 lb fresh jumbo asparagus
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3⁄4 lb sea scallops
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms or 3 -4 oyster mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup cherries, tomato halves
- 2 -3 thin green onions
- 2 cups hot cooked rice (no salt added)
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim or break off asparagus spears at tender point; rinse and cut into 2-inch diagonal pieces.
- Cook asparagus until crisp-tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Do not overcook.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Combine chicken broth, cornstarch and soy sauce and set aside.
- Stir-fry halved scallops and mushrooms in oil with garlic until scallops are just cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture.
- Cook, stirring, until sauce thickens.
- Add drained asparagus, tomatoes and green onions; heat.
- Pepper to taste.
- Serve over rice.